A friend of mine recently emailed me a little rant about birds.
I'm sure some of you have seen it.
It's political.
It's about people seeking jobs here in the US illegally.
It's about people sitting around waiting to be fed by the government.
It's about entitlement.
People are entitled to the rights and liberties of the country that they are citizens of.
It's not universal grace we're talking about.
Universal grace says that everyone has the right to anything simply because God is good.
Universal grace says that even someone who has denounced the Son of God, Jesus Christ, will have a place in heaven with the very God they despise.
I've never understood the idea of Universal grace. I would love for someone to help me with that.
"For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life" John 3:16
So, let's take that political.
The union of Church and State.
If I live in France, or Luxembourg, or Peru, and find that I can make a better living working in construction in the US, I'm going to come here and try my hand at it. Why not?
But if I've not come by this employment legally, and I don't pay taxes, and I don't have citizenship here, how can I demand any constitutional rights that this country gives its citizens?
On the flip side, the email also talked about legal citizens on welfare, taking advantage of the system and demanding more for producing less.
On this, I'm not so well versed, so I'll steer clear of it. It gets really weird.
Blessed are the poor? No, blessed are the poor in Spirit. So I'm just as confused as the next guy.
I want to believe that the people collecting Welfare and Medicare really need it.
I want to believe that if I was to be in dire straights, that the very government that I've been loyal to all these years will help me out a little bit until I can get on my feet again.
So, bear with me if I have a non-racial axe to grind about people coming heree illegally, taking jobs that might otherwise be filled by the US citizen who really needs a job, but can't get one because the guy who doesn't speak english is working for half the fair pay is doing it.
I don't know. It's a little much to process right now.
I think I'll go drink some fair trade coffee and eat my organic peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
God's got it. I'll pursue Him, and one day, He'll reveal the truth to me.
I'll keep you posted.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment